- You can view a list of chats, mailboxes and commands sent to RFDATA at https://ui.rfdata.org/.
- A changelog for RFDATA can be found at Changelog.
- If you're interested in following along, it's recommended to join the MAIN and ANNOUNCE chats (with
- If you're interested in contributing, the source code can be found on Github at https://github.com/nsnw/rfdata.
Feedback is welcome and encouraged, and can be sent:-
- via e-mail to mailto:email@example.com
- via RFDATA to VE6LY-2 or VE6LY-7 (
S VE6LY-7 This is madness)
- via RFDATA in the MAIN chat (
J MAINand then
T MAIN Your service sucks, and here's why...)
Issues can also be created on the Github page for the project at https://github.com/nsnw/rfdata/issues.
RFDATA provides a few different features:-
- Mailbox - a mailbox feature, allowing you to send and receive messages to other APRS users even if they're offline
- Chat - a chat feature, where you can create chat groups or join existing ones
- APRS, QRZ, DX Cluster and Solar information
Things to note
- This is an experimental service, and as such may see major changes without warning and/or be unavailable.
- At the moment, RFDATA treats callsigns with different SSIDs as different stations. This means that messages sent to XX0XXX-1 won't be visible to XX0XXX-2. This may change in the future.
- All commands, callsigns and chat names are case-insensitive.
- When RFDATA sends messages, it does not expect an acknowledgement and will only send them once. This is partly a limitation and partly by design to reduce the number of packets it sends. It will however acknowledge your message if your message has a message ID.
The service is available on the APRS network as RFDATA.
See also: Mailbox
|L||List waiting messages||
|R n||Read message number n||
|I n||Show info for message number n||
|S callsign-ssid message||Send a message to the mailbox for callsign-ssid||
|Y n message||Reply to message number n with message||
|D n||Delete message number n||
|E||Delete all messages||
|PN on/off||Enable/disable notifications for new messages||
|W||List all available chats||
|C name||Create a chat named name and join it||
|J name||Join a chat named name||
|P name||Leave a chat named name||
|T name message
|Send message to the name chat||
|A name topic
||Set the topic of name to topic||
|M||List which chats you're a member of||
Note: SOL is currently unavailable and will return an error.
|Q callsign||Query https://aprs.fi/ for a station||
|QRZ callsign||Look up details for callsign||
|MH||Returns your last known Maidenhead locator||
|MT airport||Return the METAR for airport||
|WX||Return the weather for your location||
|DX callsign||Search the DX cluster for callsign||
|SOL||Get solar weather information||
|SUN||Get the next sunrise or sunset for your location||
|PSKR||Get the best frequencies for digital modes for your grid square||
Acknowledgements and credits
- DX cluster information is from https://www.dxwatch.com/.
- APRS position information is provided via the https://aprs.fi/ API.
- Digital mode frequencies from https://pskreporter.info/.